Thursday, March 22, 2007

I have lost another 4 lbs

I have been trying to lose weight now for the last 15 months, as I now know that I need a knee replacement before I am 60, I know that I cannot afford to sit on my laurals and allow the weight to go back on again. Since my second knee operation in December last year, I have put on about half a stone :( So this week, I gave myself a kick up the bum (very difficult to do, especially when you have a gammy knee!!) and decided that I had to make a concerted effort to start my healthy eating plan again.

It has worked, because, today I got onto the scales and I have lost 4 lbs this week. Another 4lb to lose to get back to where I was before Christmas!!!

I would be happy to lose 2 stone this year but would prefer if I could lose another 3 stone by this Christmas, that is a target of 1 lb a week!! I think I can manage that......we will see.

I will tell you now and not a lot of pwople know this!!! On January 3 2005 when I plucked up the courage to get onto the scales I was horrified to find out that I weighed 17 stone and 2 lbs. I knew that you had to be under 17 stone to have an MRI scan, which I had to have the following week, and I was petrified that I would get stuck in the damn thing!!!!

Today I weigh 14 stone and 4 lbs (a loss of 40lbs). So if I get my wish, and be a VERY good girl until Christmas, I could be somewhere between 11 and 12 stone!! Then I will take it as it come, if I feel OK at that weight, I will try to maintain it, but if I feel I could afford to lose a bit more, I will.........we will see.

1 comment:

Chrism said...

blinking heck - we don't hear from you for months and months and then you get a bout of verbal diarrhea - oh and well done on the 4lb weight loss :) :) :)


About Me

I married in 1974, have 2 children, 1979 & 1982, girl and boy, both engineers, both single, and have their own houses, so now we have the house to ourselves again.