Saturday, August 11, 2007

Morning....

It is the 11th of August already......



Last Sunday Chris and I went to Leeds to the Golden Acre Park, a beautiful place, only minutes from the city centre. It has a formal garden, a large lake, with ducks and geese and a woodland walk. Took loads of photos, including this one of some "wild" californian poppies, I quite like this photo, and might even use it in the photographic society competition











I also like this photo as well....it was taken down a country lane, while we were looking for red kites, which we were reliably informed were there.....but they must have been having a siesta, as they were nowhere to be seen. This seed head popped its head up above the hedgerow, and was silhouetted against a bright cornfield, I thought it would make an interesting photo, and it actually came out how I wanted it to......for a change!!!! :)




I took yesterday afternoon off work, as the sun was shining, but by the time I got home the sun had gon in, so I had a "play" in the garden. I wanted to get a picture of the fuschia, but I wanted to have the pollen in focus but the flower out of focus, and this photo was straight out of the camera, the only thing I did in photoshop was cropped and re-sized for the internet. I can't believe that I actually got the photo as I wanted.....






Chris and I are out all day today scrapbookin, and then Vikki and I are doing a carboot sale tomorrow at the Chester Rugby Club. Mum wants to get rid of her cabinets in the living room but needed to empty them first. So we went up on Thursday night and wrapped it all up ready for the car boot tomorrow. Just need to look around now for anything I need to get rid of as well.

Speak to you again soon

No comments:


About Me

I married in 1974, have 2 children, 1979 & 1982, girl and boy, both engineers, both single, and have their own houses, so now we have the house to ourselves again.