Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It was National Scrapbooking day on Saturday, and the girls at the Wirral Crop decided to have a 12 hour mega crop!!

We had a fabulous day, we ate plenty, chatted plenty, scrapped a little!!! There were three challenges throughout the day, with prized for the best LO. Raffle prizes, and prizes for the best LO and card of the day.
Our lunch was provided - and boy, what a lunch that was!!! Cream cakes for afternoon tea, and we had a choice of Chinese, Indian or English takeaway for dinner. By 7pm I was stuffed!!!

We were all asked to put what we thought was our best LO of the day onto a table, and we all voted as to which one was our favourite!!

I was busy packing away all our stash ready to go home, and heard my name........... I had won the Best LO of the day prize, which was a 6 x 6 album, papers, embellishments and fibres to start me off!! (I have attached a picture of the LO for you all to see)



I was absolutely gobsmacked!!!! All I have to do now is decide what I am going to use it for!! It will be a challenge, as I usually do 12 x 12 LO's. Maybe I will make an album of our holiday to Center Parcs in July, or our holiday at Thorseby Hall in August, I really don't know!!!


Chris and I have joined the Gym!! We went for a look around on the 1st and had our inductions recently. So I am starting off very gently on the exercise bike, doing 5 minutes 4 times a week, and building up the time I do gradually. I don't want my knee to flare up again!!

I then do some upper body work on the weights, just to burn off some more calories, and then finish it off with 20 minutes in the hydrotherapy pool.......bliss, this is my reward for joining the gym...........never thought I would see the day!!!!

Went back to the physio yesterday, and she seemed pleased that there has been a little improvement in the movement in my knee. She has given me some more exercises to do, and said that to begin with I should just walk around in the water, and if I want to try to swim then just to use front crawl kick (gently) for a while. I cannot do breast stroke just yet as this would twist my knee joint and it would hurt!!

Will keep you posted on the exercise and weight loss, the weight loss seems to have slowed down, so I had a blood test today, and she is testing my thyroid as well as everything else!! Having an MOT blood test!!

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Well done for winning! I love scrapping in 8x8 and 6x6...you can do a whole album really quickly, so it's fun to think of a theme and just go for it.

Haven't forgotten you by the way...it is right at the top of my list of things to do to get your prize to you next week for the challenge on my blog.

And the gym sounds fab. If I lived up there, I'd come with you!


About Me

I married in 1974, have 2 children, 1979 & 1982, girl and boy, both engineers, both single, and have their own houses, so now we have the house to ourselves again.